Thursday, October 21, 2010

Carnival Bloom Diaper Bag & Carseat Blanket

My sister begged asked very nicely for me to make her a diaper bag. Her requirements were that it be big enough to hold 2 little one's worth of stuff, and have interior pockets suitable for bottles and other baby necessities.

I stumbled across this tutorial on Sew Much Ado and figured I'd give it ago.

The outside of the bag is made with Michael Miller's "Carnival Bloom" in corduroy. I bought this fabric from Above All Fabric. Melanie, the shop's owner, is incredibly sweet, ships quickly, and sells quality fabrics at great prices.



The inner is just a plain pink cotton woven fabric. For the pockets I used the Carnival Bloom print as well, but cotton woven instead of corduroy. I made some bias tape out of the pink fabric to go along the tops of the pockets.



I also whipped up this carseat blanket for her baby girl using the woven print and some cuddly, silky, furry fabric.



Thanks for looking!!

No comments: