Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Strategizing Check In

Remember this post where I planned out what I wanted to do craft-wise over the first 5 months of 2010? Well I thought I'd check in with where we're at.

January
- Begin and complete brainstorming for Lilly's 2nd birthday Polka Dot party (in April)
Done! I brainstormed with some great friends in real life and on BAM and came up with some great ideas
- Complete two craft-space projects to make it a more inviting and inspiring space Well I slacked off on this one. I only came up with that cute topiary/charger/candles thing. I need something more fun
- Really start working on quilt for DH and I (goal - complete top by April) DH and I ran into some issues with what we want our bedroom to look like. We keep wavering back and forth between brown and blues and brown and reds. :( I need to figure this out already!
- Follow two tutorials Well I'm happy to say I got somewhere with this one. I made these pillows and this skirt.

February
- Complete two craft-space projects to make it a more inviting and inspiring space
Ah yeah, or not?
- Begin and complete favors and decor for Lilly's 2nd birthday party I ordered somethings for Lilly's party, and picked up some other things for the decor, but it's still in the process of being put together and we're still waiting on things to arrive
- Continue work on our quilt Right.
- Follow two tutorials Woohoo! Well I did this one just fine too. Bebe the doll and the burlap wreath

So there's the first two months of the year. Let's hope I can make some headway with March. A little reminder of what we have in store for this roaring month...


March
- Sew Lilly's birthday dress using this great pattern by Pink Fig - the Cuppy Cake dress
- Continue work on our quilt, hopefully near completiong
- Complete two craft-space projects to make it a more inviting and inspiring space
- Research local professional quilters in hopes of finding one to quilt my quilt for me (I'm afraid I'll ruin it!)
- Start brainstorming ideas for Caylee's 4th birthday in June


Ah yes, we need some changes. How about this

March
- Sew Lilly's birthday dress using this great pattern by Pink Fig - the Cuppy Cake dress
- Finish the decor and favors for Lilly's party
- Figure out colors for quilt
- Complete ONE craft-space projects to make it a more inviting and inspiring space
- Start brainstorming ideas for Caylee's 4th birthday in June (she would like a pony princess party)
- Follow two tutorials



Wish me luck!

No comments: