Friday, February 19, 2010

Crafting for a good cause

Hello world, I think it's time we had a little talk. I've posted before how I love to read through my blog roll on the right there, see what the crafty ladies of the blogosphere are up to each morning/afternoon/night. I get excited seeing what fun things they've created, learning about their lives, reading their recipes.

This morning, however, I had tugs on my heart and tears in my eyes when I found the post from Sachiko of Tea Rose Home. She linked to a post on I Make Stuff, Alida's blog. Alida revealed on her blog that she is an Iraq War widow. The picture of her handsome husband sent chills down my spine and made me want to call the Hubby and just say "I love you".

Alida has sent out a call for help to the crafty ladies of the world. She'd like us to create some handmade journals, the kind with covers that go over those black and white composition books you got in school. She read somewhere that journaling helps people who are grieving, and they are less likely to need depression medication. She posted a tutorial, that's very simple to follow and shouldn't take hardly any time at all. I just saw the comp books at Wally world for 75 cents.

Please ladies, check out her request and help out. I'm going to grab some journals tonight and get sewing. Will you?

2 comments:

LuckyStarErin said...

I will visit her blog now for details..thanks for posting. :)

geschichtenvonkat said...

wow, i will definitely be getting in touch with her after reading your post and her original one, sharing this on my blog, and making some journals!