Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Burlap wall decor

I'm sort of in the process of making our house a home. This is involving lots of wall decorating, because we have plain white walls - just boring to me.

My amazing Hubby stopped at the fabric store for me last night and picked up a yard of burlap for me. He's fantastic, yes?

I painted these frames the other day. They were an ugly orange-y stain before (sorry no picture of said ugly stain), and I used an oil rubbed bronze spray paint, which is probably my new favorite craft item.



I debated for a long time what to put in the frames. I searched the internet for different fabrics but had the hardest time. You see, I recently purchased these little wall decorations, and I wanted something that looked good with them (red, black, cream) but not too match-y.


I also wanted to try to tie in the pillows I made with Amy Butler fabric.

Finally I decided I'd give burlap a try. It's all over blogland and why not? It's fun stuff. So I used some Steam-a-Seam and attached some of the flowers from the AB fabric to the burlap. Then with the help of my trusty staple gun, I stretched the burlap across the back of the frame.


I think I like it. It's growing on me. I think I'll like them more when I hang them up. I just need to decide where to put 'em! (Obviously I won't leave them sitting on the back of the couch!)



I'm linking today to:

Whatever Goes Wednesday on Someday Crafts

Show and Tell with Blue Cricket Design



Making


and

8 comments:

Amanda K said...

Cute idea! Good Luck Decorating - i think that is the best part of owning a home!

Mary said...

What a neat idea! I've got some burlap on standby for a project too. Seems to be the "in" thing!

Michelle said...

Burlap is the way to go these days! Versatile and classy! Your project turned out really nice. Love the pillows with it! Thanks for linking up to Whatever Goes Wednesday at Somedaycrafts.blogspot.com

Ann said...

Love the size/shape of those square frames. I need something desperately for the back of my couch too. Great Job, so creative! And I love those pillows.

Tammy@InStitches said...

They look great. I love the way it repeats the flower from the pillow.

Kim said...

It looks so custom with the pillows. Nice job.

jenjen said...

That is so cute. I love Amy Butler and I love the framed pictures. Adorable!

Thanks for linking this up. I love it!

XOXO
Jen

Tiff @ Making The World Cuter said...

Super cute!
-Tiff