Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Super Easy Baked Ziti!!

Remember my goal to be a better cook? Well I'm getting there!! I can proudly say I've made dinner almost every night the last week (minus 1 night the Hubby took care of it, bless him). AND every time I made dinner the girls ate it all and asked for SECONDS!! Doesn't that warm a mama's heart?

So in keeping with my plans, I decided to make baked ziti last night. It's beyond easy. Besides the boiling water/pasta part, it takes minutes to prep.

Here's what you need:
1 package ziti pasta (I used rigatoni last night because I grabbed the wrong box at the store but usually we do ziti)
1/2 jar spaghetti sauce
1 package shredded mozzarella cheese
1 egg, beaten
Grated Parmesan cheese

Step 1. Preheat oven to 350. Cook pasta according to directions. Drain, pour pasta into baking dish.

Step 2. Pour sauce over pasta, as much as you need to coat it (we use about a half a jar, but you might like it more or less saucy. I go slow when I pour). Stir the pasta and sauce up.

Step 3. Add beaten egg to the pasta and sauce. Stir until it's pretty evenly spread out.

Step 4. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top. If you like a lot of cheese like I do, use a lot. If not just a thin layer will do. **I want to note here that my lovely Hubby used almost a whole bag of cheese on pizzas the other night, SO I had to substitute with cheddar. It was still good, just not the same as full on mozzarella.** Sprinkly Parmesan cheese over top just a bit.

Step 5. BAKE! 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and browning.

It should look like this:


All served up for the girls.


Note the green bowls. We have a problem here where I bought all these funky colored bowls. They fought over the green one. Green is my middle's favorite color. Apparently it's now everyone's. SO I saw these at Target for like $1.99 and knew I had to have them. So far no more fights.

So yummy and super easy!!

I'm posting this to Blue Cricket Design's Show and Tell

Swing on over there and check out all the amazing craftiness going on in the blog world :)

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

So yum! I love easy pasta dishes. I think I'll make this this weekend! Thanks for sharing.

MamaBug said...

Looks good to me! Wish my oldest ate pasta (weird, I know!)
Thanks for linking/sharing on Blue Criket

Kelly said...

Looks good Kristan! Came over from BAM to check it out (jellybelly). Had to comment to say I loved the green bowl story... I too have made the multi coloured dish set mistake. My kids have it sorted out now but throw cousins etc into the mix & I have to become a master negotiator to keep everyone happy with their colours!