Friday, September 4, 2009

School days and an outfit to boot!

My oldest has started Kindergarten! Her first day was Wednesday and it was bittersweet. I cannot believe she's growing up that fast! It feels like I just had her yesterday, not nearly 5 years ago. So far she's doing well. A little shy but enjoying it. She loves recess, of course, and really likes when they read books. I wish I had taken a picture of her face when she told me they went to the LIBRARY! You'd have thought she said they went to the biggest toy store in the world! Haha! That's my girl, loves books!

Here she is on her first day of school:



I had wanted to make her this skirt and shirt for the first day of school, but I wasn't feeling well and didn't finish it till last night. It's my first real sewing, the first things I made that I'm proud of. The tiered skirt was hard. I used this tutorial for the skirt. The applique was just something simple to dress up an older shirt we had that matched the pink in the skirt. I used steam a seam stuff and then stitched over the edges. What do you think? Not bad right?



The top


The skirt


Action shot this morning


Thanks for checking it out :) I hope you have a great weekend!

No comments: