Wednesday, August 19, 2009

And the winners are...

For some reason several people were unable to enter a comment on the blog :( I feel so sad about that but they were able to post on my facebook page. I think the problem was in a mixup at the "Post a Comment" and the "Post Comments (Atom)" links. I'm going to copy and paste them here, assigning them each a number, based on the order of their post:

(4) Lise Z. - Happy Happy Birthday to US. Hoping you have a great day and enjoy being 26 today and all year long. I'll enjoy 49 cause next birthday it's half a century a real milestone.

(5) Jessica K - happy birthday!

(6) Rhonda - Happy Birthday Kristan. I hope you have a marvelous day!

(7) Katie H - Hope you are having a wonderful day!!!! Maybe the kiddo's and Daddy will make you a special cake for desert tonight :)


Here are our winners for the korker bows and clippies giveaways, using a random number generator found here

The winner of the korker hairbows is


Amandaxo who said
"Happy Birthday hot mama!!!And guess what?! Now, I can enter since I have 2 little girls in my house ;-) hehe"

And the winner of the clippies sets is


Andrea who said, among other things,
"I would love to be entered to win your bows! I saw your post on ds and the ones you showed on there are adorable!!"

Congratulations ladies! I'll be contacting you both to get your mailing information.

I'm sure this won't be my only giveaway. It was fun making these without knowing who they would go to. Just in time for back to school too!


And onto other things, I've finally got use of my mother-in-law's serger machine. I'm so excited to play with it. In getting used to it, I've made one dolly blanket for my oldest along with two matching wash cloths (though she's deemed these to be mini-blankets for her barbies and polly pockets). I also made a scrumptiously soft pillowcase out of organic bamboo velour. I'm going to make at least three of these and possibly dye and applique them, one for each of my girls. Not too sure on the dying part as the natural color just looks so clean, but their room is white and the natural sort of clashes with that.

The last item I made is a pair of flannel pajama pants. They came out very nice considering the only other item of clothing I have ever made is this pillowcase dress, which really ended up as a pillowcase shirt for my middle daughter (my youngest has since acquired it and it's definitely a dress on her)


Anyway, about the flannel pants. Well I made the waistband too small to let the elastic actually stretch so they're too small for my oldest in that respect. They fit Caylee, but they're much too long. The lesson I learned? Make the waistband at least a few inches bigger than the waist should be in order to allow for stretchiness.


I do have to take pictures, I'll add them to the post later on tonight.

Thank you for looking!!

1 comment:

Kasie said...

Well she looks adorable in it! Can we see pics of the other things you made? Pweeese.