Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My Christmas To-Do List

Yes! It's July, I know, but in order to be efficient, and eliminate SOME procrastination, I've decided to start my holiday crafting now and what better way to keep myself accountable than to put my list out on the internet!

Our plan this year is to save money by making gifts for the girls rather than spend tons of money on plastic and junk that will sit on a shelf and be untouched all year long.

So far my list includes:
~ Play food - felt and these I got that pattern for 85 cents Saturday at Jo-Ann's 4th of July sale. All McCall's were $1, but I get 15% off...so a great deal there. I am not going to make them into pin cushions like the directions call for, instead we'll stuff them tight until they're solid.

~ Creature dolls - another 85 cent pattern. I plan to make one for each of the girls, green for Cay, purple for Brie, pink for Lilly.

~Doll cloth diapers - if I can't make these I *hope* to trade for some from other work at home moms, especially for Lilly, since she's my cloth bottomed girl <3

~Damsel crowns - those tall pointy hats with the sheer that trails off of it - I want to make one for each of the girls. I have a costume pattern from Bananafana that has the pattern for the hat in there too.

~Personalized towels - I'm planning to find big comfy towels and then applique their first initial on the end. Maybe make matching washcloths out of whatever fabric I use to do the applique and some cotton velour.

~Pillowcase and maybe matching throw blanket

~More hairbows haha not like they don't have enough already though!

~For Lilly I want to make her a felt book of colors, for Brianna a felt book of easy reader words, and for Caylee a letters felt book.

~Lastly, so far, I'd love to make each girl a double set of felt letters, similar to these.It would need to be at least double, in order for them to each spell their own names with them (Lillian has 3 L's, 2 I's for example).

That's all I've come up with so far. I'd love to hear what you're making for your little ones! Feel free to leave a comment and share!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I think all of your ideas are great! I think i want to steal the princess hat idea ;) I'll post on my new blog a little later. I haven't given an awful lot of thought to christmas this year. It's just been so crazy around here.