Sunday, April 26, 2009

Feeling super creative

So I decided to give designing a shot. I figured, if it was terrible I could just scrap it *haha* and leave the designing to the pros. Baby and Me's digiscrappers have a monthly color challenge (March was the first one) and I decided to join in. The colors were very soft and springy. I managed to put together a mini-kit for the blog train which will be releasing I believe on Thursday. I hope you stop by to check it out and move along the train to the other designers!

I have some recent LOs to add. This first one is from Digital Candy's Altered Candy challenge. Christie Lemmon offered up a cute little mini for us to use. We had to use everything from the mini kit, and alter it in some way. This is what I came up with:

Credits:
Modern Neutral Add-on - Christie Lemmon Designs
Font - Jane Austen

This next one was for DC's April Word Art Challenge. They offered us up the great little "Pieces of my Heart" word art complete with the red heart. It worked so well with one of my wedding photos.

Credits:
Page kit - "Glittering Joy Kit" - One of a Kind Designs
Black frame - "Night and Day" - Amanda Thorderson
Font - Jane Austen

Finally, Elly hosted a BAM speed scrap on April 22, 2009. She was really pushing us to try things we don't normally do, like photo mats, stacking, and using brushes.

Credits:
Green paper - "spring chic" - Valerie N Designs
photo mat - Mimilou Designs - Scrapmalin
Flowers, ribbon, clip - "sweet springtime" - Summer Driggs
Buttons - "spring bloom" - WM[squared} designs
Stitches - "keep 'em in stitches" - Lisa Carter
Doodle frame - "doddle frames" - Mia Wahlberg
Font - missed your exit, jailbIrD JenNA



Beyond digiscrapping, I've been working hard on some bow orders. I got THREE of them in one week! Yay!
Here's some from the first order

I'm pretty pleased with them. I started adding satin and gingham ribbons to my bows and I think it adds just enough something-something to the bows.

Anyway, that's about it from me creatively. The weather is beautiful and I have bows to make! I hope you enjoyed your weekend!

No comments: